re: Walker for Ratliff

>From: opi@unesco.org

>p.p.s. After Pitino pledged to Walker that he'll stop dropping AW's name in
>trade rumors, we've already seen "Celtics sources" purportedly referring to
>two deals (Van Horn and Ratliff) not even 1/5 of the way into the new
>season.

Joe, don't forget that article in the Herald a few days ago where Pitino
categorically denied there were any discussions with Philly at all this
year.  I think he decided to comment on this rumor precisely because of that
promise he supposedly made to Antoine.  As far as "sources for both teams"
confirming the Celtics are interested in a Walker for Ratliff deal, I don't
buy it myself.  Why would a Celtic source talk to a Philly paper about trade
talks they're having?

Jim