Re: Walker for Ratliff rumor continues

Walker & VP for Ratliff & Hughes would be insane.  We are already having
problems with our scoring in some games and this would make matters worse.

I'd tweak it some --

Walker, Barros, Ellison for Ratliff & Hughes.

Philly gets an offensive forward in exchange for their defensive forward, a
backup for Geiger who is a true center, and a backup for Iverson which is
what Hughes is.

Celts still lose some offense but get better pairings in their lineups -
Ratliff pairs with Fortson on the starting unit and Battie pairs with VP on
the second squad.  These pairings can also be mixed & matched.

Pierce then moves back to the 3 with Hughes at the 2 and Griffin & Chaney
join the 2nd unit with Williams an option as well.

Damon Jones can fill the extra roster spot and battle Overton for the spot on
the 2nd unit.

McCarty gets placed on the "injured list" and becomes a project.  Anyone with
his body should be able to learn to become a shotblocker/defensive 4 with the
right training.  He'll need to play a more controlled game but could still
hoist an occasional 3 when the opposition gives it to him.  He'd certainly
have the available players to mimic in Ratliff & Battie.  Then again maybe
his salary would be needed to make the salaries in the deal matchup (wishful
thinking!).

George