Shaky ground

I think a big difference between our hoped for success this season and
the success others envision is the "key players" situation.  Most
other teams have questions about their number 4 or 5 players or their
bench.  We're concerned about the heart and soul of our
lineup--Antoine.  And beyond that, we worry about our point guard.
The middle level of our starting five may be solid--Pierce and VP--but
we could have real problems if Antoine and Kenny don't get with the
program.

Add to that the unknown of Danny Fortson and whether he can work his
game into our system.  It's our big name people who have to come
through for us.  The Spurs know Duncan and Robinson will be solid.
The Sixers know their top players will produce, and Milwaukee and the
Pacers, etc.  Anyway, that's what is on my mind.  That's why we could
be a 33 win team or a 53 win team.  Not many teams face such
uncertainty.

Gene