Eric the athlete

I remember a recent statement about Eric to the effect that he was not
"athletic."  I want to briefly disagree.  (this is my bit to keep the
list going in late August)

Eric is an athlete in the mold of Larry Bird, with certain obvious
differences.  On the surface he's awkward but like Larry he has a
baseball background and he handles his body quite efficiently.  He
does not leap like Battie or rebound like Fortson (of similar height)
and he certainly doesn't possess the outside jumper that would elevate
his game tremendously.  But he runs the floor very well, he manages
the inside offensive game with all sorts of jerks and fakes as well as
any guy his size, and he now possesses the strength to do much better
defensively & in rebounding.  Some of you remember his abilities as I
do; most seem to think his injuries have derailed him.  But I think he
could be the surprise of the camp.  I like Eric.  And, since our whole
future rides on which Antoine shows up in October, I'm glad we have a
backup like Eric.

Enough.  Gene