Re: OnHoops is pretty good

Well, I don't know how much they like the deal if they think the team
will only win 33 games next season - less than Pitino's first season,
when DeClercq and McCarty were starters. We've had a significant talent
upgrade since then. And they were projecting Turner at SG and Clack at
power forward??

Turner does fill a need although perhaps not a short term one. Pitino
is probably not going to keep Barros around after his contract expires.
In fact I'd expect him to be traded when he has a season or less on
his contract. In the meantime, Turner is groomed for the backup point,
and can hopefully play a role in defending the bigger, post-up point
guards in the conference, which was a problem that Pitino mentioned
last year.

I did propose a Mercer for Fortson trade on this list in April or May,
to little enthusiasm. If you believed that Mercer needed to be traded
for a power forward (as many on the list did), it wasn't too hard to
see this as a possibility. You figure that Pitino would want to acquire
a young, starter quality power forward, who happens to play on a team
that needs a swingman more than a PF. It's a pretty short list and Fortson
is probably the best player on it.

Alex