Re: Antoine

In a message dated 8/24/99 12:41:24 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
josh_ozersky@yahoo.com writes:

> Falk is expected to
>  seek the maximum allowed under league rules for
>  Taylor, a six-year extension for roughly $72 million.
>
>  Is something in the cards?  Taylor had said that he
>  wouldn't return to the Clippers after this year.

  I don't think the Clippers have ever signed a free agent to a long-term
contract other than Loy Vaught, who did give them several solid years before
blowing out his knee.  You don't amass this team's pathetic history by
signing good players.  If Taylor signs, even for the max, it says that the
money counts more than the rings.  Of course, Kevin McHale has been saying
that for some time now.