Re: Geting Traded/Media

The media scrutiny is certainly annoying for anyone, especially with
the current state of sports "journalism". But the whole concept of
being traded only exists because of long-term contracts; the tradeoff
is that you get a guaranteed contract where you get paid regardless of
your future performance.

The situation you mention with the broker does happen, where a firm
has limited resources and different needs. But in real life, you get
fired instead of traded. Or where the firm decides to move the employee;
if he refuses, he gets fired. I don't really feel sorry for the pro
basketball player in this regard. I'm not sure what kind of sympathy
they're trying to get when they talk about how horrible it is that
they are headed to Canada, because they'll only make $5M instead of
$5.5M after taxes.

Alex