Re: Ike

I agree with you Wallace is the only one of the four who showed signs of life,
and it's too bad for Washington they couldn't keep him. But at 6'9, he's not
going to help Orlando's gaping hole in the middle, and even with his nice
rebounding and shotblocking numbers the Wiz still had some of the worst
interior play in the league. Meanwhile, it's a pretty sad comment that the
best player you receive in exchange for a solid second-tier center is an
undrafted free agent.

Speaking of free agent big men, I noticed at the end of Mr. Dumberg's column
(yes, I was somehow able to make it that far) that Grant Long is looking for a
team. I wonder if he'd be enticed by our $1 mil exception -- a one year deal
might tempt him. He's 6'9, 250 and solid on the boards; plus, he'd be that
veteran presence. Anybody know anything about his attitude?