Re: Ike

Peter,

I'm sure the Celtics were aware of this; I doubt that Orlando made it a
secret that they were trading him. I think Ben Wallace is the key to the
trade, as others have mentioned, and I wouldn't dismiss him as nothing.
He can't shoot free throws but is rebounded very well and blocked shots
to boot; in fact he had more blocks per minute than Tony Battie. I would
guess that it would have taken Battie (and Pervis' expiring contract) to
snare Austin, and Orlando may not have considered that a better deal.

Alex