Re: Why Gaston can't spend like Paul Allen

The question isn't whether it's a good thing or not.
Most everybody is agreed that it isn't.  But the issue
is:  can you win a title paying the cap?  The clear
answer is you can't.  The Celtics sixteen
championships were not moral victories (or rather, not
just moral victories) but actual victories.  Most came
in spite of cheap owners; that can't happen any more.
Every championship will be "bought" to some extent,
since the kind of talent you need to win is
exorbitantly expensive.  I just wish the Gastons would
stop hiding behind this "publically traded
corporation" crap.  I'm a shareholder, and I know I
want the team to win at any cost.  It's not as if the
stock of lottery teams is particularly coveted.  In
any case, the Gastons are the majority owners, and
they don't defer to us on any other issue.