Re: Why Gaston can't spend like Paul Allen

Why is it a good thing? (that Gaston can't spend like Paul Allen)

Just look at the Florida Marlins. They use money to "buy" a
championship. The next year, they had to have a firesale due to their
high payroll.

Where is the continuity? Where is the tradition? As a fan, where do I
follow?

Just imagine, if the Blazers were to win it all this coming season and
then Paul Allen says "Wow, I finally achieved something Bill doesn't
have! Where's the next challenge?" Then he proceeds to sell off "his
toy"and the Blazers may suck for the next decade (like the Marlins do)

Another thing I like to add, if you are a Nugget, and Mercer performs
like a rock this season do you give him the max? (hey we need to pay
to get the best in this market) If you do, what about Billups? Will
Mcdyess be happy that he is not the highest (which equals to franchise
player tag) paid employee? Does't it create team chemistry problems?

Hope I have not bored everyone.

Kevin/Singapore

Warwick W <titans@ihug.com.au> wrote:
Why is it a good thing??

The NBA is now a multi-billion dollar industry. If you want to be
competitive YOU MUST spend big.

How many of the teams in the NBA have had success anywhere near the
salary cap? The only one I can think of is the Utah Jazz when both
Malone and Stockton had contracts at the $5 mil figure.

Warwick