3 Guards

Jim Meninno wrote:

<<when is the last time a three guard lineup ever amounted to
anything.>>

Do the names Ward, Houston and Sprewell ring a bell?

That said, I think Denver is going nowhere with this group.  Too young,
too soft.  Nice 3 guard rotation (with Billups as 3rd guard), but they
need to get much tougher and more athletic up front.  After McDyess
they've got nothing unless Popeye's knee miraculously heals itself.  I
realize we've got two more seasons to wait, but that draft pick may
turn out to be a real bonus.

Had to love the quote from Mercer's agent in the Denver Post --
something to the effect that if the Nuggets don't sign Mercer before
the deadline, Ron will have to consider other offers.  Now there's a
threat.

Michael Gooen