Re: Boston Herald: Celtics Not Shopping Walker At The Moment

Josh Ozersky wrote:

> This is such music to my ears.

Exactamundo. We both supported Crazy Horse Antoine Walker despite our
consistently expressed and I think overwhelming instincts as old-school,
traditionalist Celtics fans at least on a par with ANY person on this
list.  I think we appreciate what the old Celtics were all about
(multiple skills and a furious desire to win, rather than superior
height or flash). Well maybe I'm not talking the OLD Boston Celtics, but
at least the 80's team that somehow always made us choose "Brooce"
Springstein as our college road trip music-of-choice. Okay, sorry I
brought that up.

Look, when it comes to comparisons of Walker vs Master Ron maybe this
time we ARE nuts. When I discovered that Boston Globe readers (joined by
such luminaries as Jim Rome, Way Ray and Jackie "Egg McMuffinface") vote
by an overwhelming 3:1 margin not merely that the Boston Celtics "should
have traded Antoine" instead of Ron Mercer, but more importantly that
the Denver Nuggets robbed us blind, it honestly gives me pause.

Maybe I'm just a blowhard, no-nothing, get-a-lifer, divan pomme-de-terre
(couch potato). Maybe "the most knowledgeable basketball fans on earth"
ARE right in the end. White makes right!! (by a 3:1 margin apparently).
Seriously, it makes me wonder if the Celts did the right thing.

--------