Re: bogus rumors

Very interesting thoughts from Alex, who is coming on
strong these days!  There are arguments for and
against this view.

For:  Mercer's agent said that he was disappointed
because there had been a three way in place with
Mercer going to a "top ten team" and that it had
fallen through when Denver came knocking.

Against:  The Globe (or Herald, I can't remember)
reported that Boston wanted Davis and either Rose or
Croshere as well as a pick, and that Indiana thought
it was too much.  That was reported with some
specificity, although it does seem hard to believe.
What would Indiana's pick be worth?  And why in
Heaven's name would Indiana ever turn a trade like
that down?