The fox?

We all know that tricky Rick loves to play the media and is a miracle
worker.  I know this is far fetched but...

Maybe the Mercer, Pitino battle in the media is made up.  Pitino, Mercer,
Gaston, and agent agree to deal mercer for talent and resign him next
year. (forgetting for a moment the cap implications or tricks that would
have to be done)

End of this year we resign Mercer, maybe Fortson, maybe Battie, trade
Williams for space and picks, and end up stealing from Denver.

Lets take it one step father.  Pitino talks to Billups and Mercer and with
their help helps tank the Denver season.  (not too much we need the pick
to be 5-7 range.

Or in the next few years, if they lose Mercer and do not get there pick
this year (I think Orlando has it) and lose mercer then  they will suck
next year and we can get that pick (or it has good trade value).

Lovin' the Rick

Neal