mercer under a different system.... and other ramblins

It is going to be interesting watching Mercer play under a system so
different from what he has been use to for all of his college and
professional career.  The only intensity he will face in Denver is what he
will place on himself to have a great contract year.  The expectations from
the bench are going to be very different.  He probably wonders how it will
feel to not have Pitino screaming in his ear constantly.  One has to wonder
though if Denver really sees him as a small forward.  I sure don't.

All in all I like this trade a lot.  Mercer was actually a favorite of mine
on the court (and off) because of his demeanor, but he really has not shown
much more than a one dimensional game, while playing at the best position
(imho) to flourish at in basketball.

The C's should be fun to watch, but it all boils down to AW.  I have been a
supporter of giving this guy time to mature as a player, but this year has
to be the year.  If he really wants to win as badly as everyone says he
does, when is he going to realize how important the mental aspects of the
game are?  There are lots of guys in the NBA who have a real desire to win,
but have never been able to mature enough to realize that one on one, or
sometimes in "Toine's case, one on FIVE, won't win many games.

If he doesn't show maturity early on in the coming season, I hope they
trade while the tradin' is good, and begin to build the team around PP.