Re: MERCER & PITINO

At 11:07 AM 8/8/99 -0400, Dorine wrote:
>Without getting into any discussion about Mercer's attributes as a player, I have said all along that Pitino's style would not set well with many players.
>If I worked for someone who yelled the whole day long and was never satisfied, and whose word you couldn't trust, I'd bail out too.  Don't give me any crap about this being a sport, not a regular job - some players will be able to shrug it off, but some won't.

What does this have to do with Mercer being traded? It was simple economics. Ron thought he was worth more than the Celtics did so they dealt him. I don't believe Pitino being El Jefe mattered that much to Ron. His agents are bad mouthing Issel in the same manner they did RP and that is because they would not give in to their demands. I can see where the Ricktator might annoy people but personally I just tune him out and enjoy the game. If he brings us a title I'll extoll his virtues otherwise I figure he isn't worth indigestion! Look on the bright side at least he isn't M.L.!!

>Sorry for venting, I'll go back to being myself now.

Hey if you don't like the man you have every right to let us know.I am glad I am on your good side!! Uh  , I am on your good side aren't I?? >G< Later.Mike