MERCER & PITINO

Without getting into any discussion about Mercer's attributes as a player, I have said all along that Pitino's style would not set well with many players.
If I worked for someone who yelled the whole day long and was never satisfied, and whose word you couldn't trust, I'd bail out too.  Don't give me any crap about this being a sport, not a regular job - some players will be able to shrug it off, but some won't.  I'm wondering how long Pierce will be able to stand it.  If he's such a good coach, and he's teaching them properly, has a game plan and sticks with it, why should he feel he has to call out every darned play?  It's annoying to the audience, so what can the players feel?  The coach is not supposed to be the focal point of the game, and I think Rick wants to be.  He's an egomaniac who will brook no interference.  Bill Parcells, for all his disposition, doesn't do that.  Even if he did, we couldn't hear him on television.  I can't imagine sitting very close to the Celtics' bench and having to listen to that all evening for the many $ it costs to sit there.

Sorry for venting, I'll go back to being myself now.

Dorine