Re: Will Perdue, anyone?

Yeah, you're right. I think his trade value was boosted up after the 96-97
season (pre-Duncan) when Robinson was out and he averaged 8.7 ppg (56.8% fg),
9.8 rpg, and 1.57 bpg in 29.5 mpg. I think it was early in the next season
when the better trade offers were coming. Still, even after the next season,
San Antonio thought enough of him to exercise their rather expensive option
on him, but evidently didn't play him much. He and Rose both averaged around
12 mpg, which is understandable with Duncan playing 39 and Robinson playing
32. Anyways, I agree that bringing in a 34 year old center with very little
offense doesn't make sense in our long term plan. I'd rather draft someone
like Doleac or pick up a younger guy with the $2M exception next year. We'll
survive a year with Fortson and Battie as backup centers. Or maybe this is
the year for Pervis to make his great comeback...

Alex