RE: Wright to Lakers?

Toronto upped its offer to Oakley to 3 year $21M too much to pass up. The
Lakers had to move. Wright will probably not make anywhere near the impact
Oakley would have, unless he gets a lot more consistent. The Lakers gave
Fox a 4 or  6 year $24M contract. Again too much for a guy that has been
inconsistent throughout his career.
I am wondering if teams like Orlando & Denver are making short term moves
in hope of getting a shot at Duncan next year ?

On Thursday, August 05, 1999 7:31 PM, peter delevett
[SMTP:pdelevett@amcity.com] wrote:
> ESPN reporting they signed Lo to a one year, $2 mil deal. Team won't
confirm.
> Does this mean no Oakley for them? I wonder why. Hey, maybe Oakley's
coming to
> the Celtics for the $1 million exception! Yeah, that's it ... more likely
he's
> going to Miami or back to New York, so we can guard him with Calbert
Cheaney