Re: Spurs v Fortson

Joe,

I think you must have used NBA.com's game-by-game stats to do your
analysis and missed that they list the games in reverse chronological
order =) So he actually played more and better against the Spurs during
the later games of the season, and had limited playing time in the
beginning of the season, not the end (because of the LaFrentz injury).

So with this new "reversed" perspective, you see that he finished the
season on a terrific tear, playing about 35 minutes per game, and
averaging around 5 offensive rebounds per game. I've listed his
fantastic April stats; in May, he averaged 16.7 ppg, 14.7 rpg, 50% fg,
and 92% ft. OK, it was only three games...

I love that this guy improved his play every month of the season though.
His stats as a starter, for 38 games:
  31.3 mpg, 12.1 ppg (49.2% fg), 12.4 rpg (4.3 off)

Actually, the stats of the Twin Towers against Denver don't cause me to
worry about Fortson's defense. 36-40 points and 20 rebounds is par for
the course for these two. Nobody in the NBA knows how to beat these guys
right now, but if I were to hazard a guess, you probably have to shut down
their other players.

Alex