Re: Troubled Times

Having read your column, the strongest defense I can proffer for
Pitino's
acquisition of Calbert the Chicken is that Il Duce has shown in the past
that he can rehabilitate and rejuvenate talented players whose careers
have faded into disappointment -- Dee Brown, Barros; Minor to a lesser
extent -- and obviously feels he can do the same with Cheaney. If
CtC can avoid injuries, I expect a re-blossoming of his career.

Trading Walker: Don't believe what you read in Michael Holley's column.
Davis is a redundancy with Fortson here, and with the salary cap
requiring
a third club be involved, there's opportunity to lay waste to the
hapless Clippers by including them as part of the transaction. Ryan
today
on WEEI commented on the Clippers further embrace of clueless mediocrity
by dealing for Derrick Anderson.  Surely there must be room
in Donald T. Sterling's heart for a wily point guard like Kenny Anderson
or
perhaps one of Indiana's point guards. I'm sensing lots of room to
maneuver
here. Things may turn out alright after all, and remember, Pitino didn't
give
away Mercer and Antoine's not exiting cheaply either.....
Ray