proven players vs draftees

I agree that Battie will only get better.  Look at Theo Ratliffe and Marcus
Camby, to see two similar players who took a few years in the league to
show their true value.  One thing I like about getting Battie, and Eric
Williams, and even Fortson, is that someone else raised their trial
balloon.  We didn't have to gamble on Fortson in the draft, rather we got
to wait a few years and see how he panned out, and got him as a proven
player. We didn't have to hang on to Williams when he was dogging it, but
got him back after he'd straightened out (maybe).  Battie was El Busto with
some other team.  Regarding that draft class, if Battie and Forston are
better than Billups and Mercer,  then it all came out in the wash. No
matter that we didn't draft them at the time, we ended up with them as
proven assets for our team.

I seriously doubt Pitino will trade Antoine for Dale Davis.  If he had
traded Mercer to Dallas for Samaki Walker, then maybe I'd be afraid he'd do
the Indiana deal. But instead he got real value for Mercer, and I'm sure
he'll wait to get the same for Antoine (and Dale Davis, even w/draft picks,
ain't it.) Funny to see Master P holding up the Nuggets for Mercer's
contract already.  I'm sure that Pat Riley/Mickey Aronson would pay him
whatever he wants.

What in the world does Cleveland want with Lamond Murray?

And who will win the Lorenzen Wright sweeps? Wish it was us. If he ends up
in Indiana in some 3-way that gets us Dale Davis instead, AAGGH!