Re: Troubled Times

At 10:09 AM 8/5/99 -0400, Sptguy33@aol.com wrote:
>The Donaldson column stunk. Anyone who didn't agree with the Mercer trade
>obviously didn't hear his agent interviewed on WEEI Tuesday.

Exactly. The Denver columns reiterate that Master P and his No Limit cronies are trying to play cards that they do not hold and force  first Boston and now Denver into extending Rons contract. The Celtics were under no obligation to alert Ron that they were talking with the Nougats or any team for that matter. They said extend Ron or he will play out the year and leave. When you make an ultimatum you better be ready when your bluff is called. Just ask the Umpires and their brilliant Head man Richie Phillips!! As I said in an earlier post I wish Ron the best but I think his agents are leading him down a slippery slope with no safeguards in place. Street attitude in the boardrooms of the Major Sports just won't play like it does in the Music business in my humble opinion. Just my thoughts and YMMV. Later.Mike