Wow

the immediate question is
                         whether Mercer will report. Mercer is represented by Leland
                         Hardy, aka Master P. KKFN Radio reported that Hardy's
                         associate says Mercer won't report without a
long-term deal in
                         hand; Issel said he won't give Mercer one until the
end of the
                         1999-2000 season and that Mercer must report.

                         "His agent better read the collective-bargaining
agreement," Issel
                         said. "He has no choice."

                         The Boston Globe reported that Mercer will sign a six-year
                         extension today. Iseel said that isn't true.

The person who wrote this is an idiot -- Hardy is not AKA Master P, he works
for him. As many of you know, Master P's real name is George W. Bush. I mean,
Percy Miller.

FYI, Hardy is the same guy who represents Ricky Williams and who failed a
take-home, open-book test on the NFL's collective bargaining agreement, which
agents are required to pass.

If Issel is really gonna play hardball, we'll see whether Ron will threaten to
walk at the end of the season like he did with us.