Re: Favorites??

--- Warwick <titans@ihug.com.au> wrote:
> Mishra,

> Where are you going with this favorites thing???
>
> I dont see your point... The supposed favorites were
> the Kentucky
> players - Walter, Ron and Antoine and now that we've
> traded one and
> Antoine's on the block [for a superstar type deal
> ONLY] I can't see your
> point.

I am talking about Walter being a Pitino favourite,  whatever happens
Walter can do no wrong. Which GM in his right mind would give McCarty a
3 year 8 mill contract. Had Pitino saved the 8 mill, he would have been
able to sign Mercer.

> Isn't one of the focal points of the trade - who got
> the better player??
> Well today, I think we got the best player in the
> trade in Fortson and we also got the better role players.

Well! living in the west coast, I have seen Fortson play against the
Warriors. I don't like his game. Ask yourself, if Fortson is such a
stud why did Denver do so poorly..they have talent all round.

By better role player if you mean Eric Williams, that only enhances my
point about Pitino's cluelesness. Why the hell did he trade him in the
first place.

> Kenny was damn right when he said that the Celtics
> had to make Antoine
> and Paul the two go-to scorers, and yes Ron Mercer
> is a tremendously
> gifted and nice young man, but if hes not scoring he
> isn't helping.

All I am saying that Ron Mercer, given time, would have developed into
any type player the Celtics wanted him to be. He has that kind of
potential..he is 22, these are his formative years.

> but Fortson is the star we needed the most
> this off-season.

I am not so sure, I hated the Billups for Kenny trade and I hate this
one. - Mishra

PS: I need a team, Pitino is making it hard to root for the C's. The
Warriors front office is even worse then Pitino, Paul do you have any
ideas how about Sacramento.