Re: Favorites??

> I am talking about Walter being a Pitino favourite,  whatever happens
> Walter can do no wrong. Which GM in his right mind would give McCarty a
> 3 year 8 mill contract. Had Pitino saved the 8 mill, he would have been
> able to sign Mercer.

I hope that Mercer wasn't talking about being insulted if he was only
asking for 8 million more than Pitino was demanding. From the sounds of
things the gap was more significant than this. I mean the McCarty contract
seems really ludicrous, no argument there, but I don't think a 3 year
$8M contract is causing a strategic personnel change. At worst it might
stop you from to signing a $2M exception player

> Well! living in the west coast, I have seen Fortson play against the
> Warriors. I don't like his game. Ask yourself, if Fortson is such a
> stud why did Denver do so poorly..they have talent all round.

Well, you can say the same about McDyess then. I wouldn't mind having
McDyess... Fortson was an undersized center. They have an undersized
backcourt and to make it worse, they essentially play a three guard
lineup with two point guard sized players. They get no rebounding from
those three positions to go with sub-40% shooting. And let's not forget
that Mercer wasn't exactly making the Celtics win a lot of games either.

Alex