Re: Good News, Bad News

Maybe Red IS dead. Maybe that's why the past 10 years have been a disaster for
the Celtics. ;)

Seriously, the other thing that worries me about this is: How many modern NBA
teams are built around a converted two guard? Paul Pierce is a wonderful
ballplayer and may become a perennial All-Star, but does he strike you as a
guy who can lead a team to the title by himself? Aside from whether or not he
has the mental toughness, in the post-Jordan era most of the contenders seem
to be focused around a dominant big man to go along with stellar guard play.
AW may never dominate the power forwards in the league, but he brings skills
most of them don't have. Given Rick's track record (and Walker's
seemingly-depressed market value), I'm not confident he can trade Walker for a
big man of equal quality.

The bottom line is, headed into Year Three, Rick needs to stop dickering with
his lineup and go with the strengths of the players he has.