I didn't know we needed a Center and a PG

What gives, and oh btw have any of heard about this supposed Ron Mercer rumor?  This fact went right past me. I guess getting Gary Payton would be pretty cool.

What the heck does maturity have to do with it anyway?

"Boston Celtics

Team Needs
A Center
A point guard
Maturity

Free Agents
Bruce Bowen
Marlon Garnett
Eric Riley

Offseason Maneuverings
Even though both he and the Celtics want him to stay, Ron Mercer is only days away from being shipped out of Beantown. Yah, it's a money thing. Merce is in line for a 6 year, $70million deal, but rightly or wrongly, Rick Pitino has tied this team's future to Employee Number Eight, not #5. Only if Mercer takes a pay cut that his agent has already called "embarrassing" will he be able to stay in green, and the C's have been endlessly looking at packages in order to get the least worst from the whole situation. If we were Pitino, we'd keep Mercer and trade Antoine. The Mercer for Vin Baker deal is fanciful, as it would only work if Seattle threw in Gary Payton and took Kenny A and Pervis Ellison to make the salaries match. If the C's go after Tony Delk to give them help at the 1, expect either Barros or Anderson to be moved soon after, as Pitino showed 2 years ago when Tyus Edney was in town that his system can't sustain 3 point guards. Bowen, a perfect fit in Pitino's style, will be in big demand over the summer, but if he's the only FA the Celtics can come to terms with, they're in big trouble."