RE: my turn

Outstanding commentary, that would have gotten post of the month except that it is the 1st day, and we haven't heard yet from Josh O.

Bob keep up the great work, taking all the time needed to review the facts and reality without boring us with all the amazingly freaking trade drivel and conjecture, is refreshing.  Now don't get me wrong trade talk has it's place, and in fact is the real reason we are here, but to trade messages day after day on the smallest of minutia having anything to do with the feeding and eating habits of the common Dallas Maverick can drive even the most loopy amongst us to consider list chastity.  Mercer is gone and what connection he takes out of Logan won't make some of us feel any better about the matter.  What a crash and burn of a plan IMHO.  Reminds me of Adam Sandler losing his girl in the new movie because he doesn't have a 5 year plan, well does RP and his Jerky Crimson pals ever heard of such a thing let alone put one into place, or did they just replace years with months, because at this point months would be an improvement.  Hardly the Bid Daddy we all had in mind.

One last detail, regarding this point from Bob's great piece: "Now don't get me wrong--Russell was an abysmal failure as a coach and gm type after his playing days."  It is widely considered to be fact in Seattle and in a couple of major pubs (SI recently) that Russ was the architect of the championship Sonic team in 79, making his GM work to hardly be rated as abysmal.  Not to nit pick, but an important fact none the less.  At this rate Russ would be a HOF coach and GM based on his success, when certainly compared to the status quo and one RP for instance.

Have a great week folks and let the games begin and bandwagon jumping ensue,
Greg