Re: Team Philosophy

> > As far as the backup power forward position comes along, I can see this
> > position belonging to Walter McCarty for the next decade.
>
> McCarty as a power forward?! You must be kidding. The only role I can see
> "Wallah" filling successfully is that of a mascott for Pitinoball and a
> cheerleader- a very expensive one at that, comparatively speaking. I cringe
> every time he decides launch the ball towards the basket (I hesitate to call
> that movement "shooting"), and his defensive contributions consist mostly of
> running around and flailing his arms - he doesn't seem to actually stop anyone
> form scoring.

People were saying the same about Bryon Russell prior to the last couple of
seasons. Give him time and you'll be presently surprised.

>Let met get this right: since Iverson will be a shooting guard now, he needs
another shooting guard >(which is what Kenny de facto is these days) to complement
him?

Exactly. He is getting consistently double teamed. If he has another offensive
option who the opposition has to be wary of each and every time he steps on the
court this would free up Allen to the point where he may infact be able to hit
another 5 to 10 ppg.

> > thinking about it, Eric Snow is not the type of player that commands
> > coverage on defense, yet Anderson clearly is. This move forces the
> > opposition to move their small forward (who would be in all honesty much
> > slower than Iverson on many occassions) onto Iverson.
>
> The opposition coach who'd have his SF take Iverson on defense should not be
> coaching in the NBA.

Which was my point exactly. If your point guard has to cover another scoring
option, thus taking away the double team off of Iverson then they have no other
choice than to place the small forward on him in many cases is an enormous
mismatch which Iverson can exploit.

Warwick