Washington Win

Well, there's good news and bad news...

Of course, the good news is that the C's beat Washington.  Unfortunately
Antoine Walker turned his ankle during the game and will likely be out for
the season.

Given the C's recent good (well, better) play with Kenny Anderson out of
the lineup, it seems that likely he will be moved over the summer.  I will
be amazed if the Celtics will be able to get anything more than a cup of
coffee for him.  If Pitino could weasel out two 2nd round picks for Kenny
I'd call it a steal.  It's a shame - in his first few games as a Celtic he
looked like The Answer.  Amazing how quickly tides can turn in the NBA.

As bad as this season has been, the Celtics are 16-24, which isn't *that*
horrible.  Going 6-4 over the last ten games would mean matching the
winning percentage of last year's team, so at least you could kinda-sorta
say they didn't regess.  I would say a four game swing - making them 20-20
- would have put them where most fans expected them at this point.  It
sure isn't hard to imagine four games they could have won - home vs.
Atlanta, home vs. New Jersey, at Charlotte, opening night vs. Toronto come
to mind.  So while it's been a disappointing season, I'd like to echo the
sentiment that we need to be patient.  There have been some good moments.

Oh, the C's are 11-0 when scoring over 100 points.  We need a point guard
who will constantly push the ball up the floor, not walk it up.

Dan