"fans," Ryan, and Pitino.

Yeah, whatever.  I do agree, though, that Ryan was
pretty good today, his first Celtics column all
season.  I expected him to come down on Antoine and
Pitino, and he really was reasonable and fair.  That
was a pleasant surprise.  Speaking of Pitino, I don't
think there is another coach or executive in the
entire NBA that is more open with a microphone than
Pitino is.  He obviously has to spin occasionally to
raise trade value, but he clearly says what he's
thinking and feeling.  And he's extremely intelligent
and knowledgable.  He and Pat Riley give the best
press conference in the league.  What I find amazing
are the endless silences in between questions.  What
lazy bums the sportswriters must be to not be able to
think of questions to ask.  Can you imagine if we were
there?  A second wouldn't go by without a question
being asked.