Re: Will Walker Force A Trade At The End Of The Season?

> From: "Jim Meninno" <jim_meninno@hotmail.com>
> To: celtics@igtc.com
> Subject: Re: Will Walker Force A Trade At The End Of The Season?
> Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 12:14:51 PDT
>
> That's not a problem for me, because I don't think they're trading Antoine.
>  I am a little confused, though.  Are you saying you would like to see that
> trade (assuming you know you can draft Brand with their pick)?  Or, are you
> just saying they need to trade Walker?  If so, why?  Why would you be in
> such a rush to get rid of a very good player for a huge question mark?

Should they trade Walker?  I question whether it's healthy, in the terms
of ball distribution, offensive flow and productivity, to have two
high volume -- Walker and Mercer -- low percentage shooters.  I think
one may have to go in order to produce a more coherent offensive attack.
Defensively too, both Walker and Mercer are average or below average for
their
positions.  I would think if you wanted to upgrade the defense, you
might
think of dealing one of those two for a better defender.

And of course, if Pitino wants a quality power forward, he's going to
have
to give up something of value.  My guess is it will be Mercer, unless
Walker truly demands a trade, which apparently from seeing the Projo
report
won't be the case.

It will be interesting if Pitino can move Anderson for a Lorenzen
Wright.
That would be a cheaper solution than dealing Mercer for a PF.  Of
course,
then there would be the problem of finding minutes for Pierce, Mercer,
and Walker; also a replacement point guard (I will be shocked if Wayne
Turner isn't with the C's next season.)
Ray
<snipping for space>