Re: Will Walker Force A Trade At The End Of The Season?

That's not a problem for me, because I don't think they're trading Antoine.  I am a little confused, though.  Are you saying you would like to see that trade (assuming you know you can draft Brand with their pick)?  Or, are you just saying they need to trade Walker?  If so, why?  Why would you be in such a rush to get rid of a very good player for a huge question mark?  Are you convinced that he's going to demand to be traded based on a couple weeks of booing and one post game interview?  Don't you think that's jumping the gun a little?  Even if he does want to be traded, so what?  Didn't he just sign a six or seven year deal?  Is this his "base year", whatever the hell that means?  So what?  You can trade him in a year or two.  My point is that the team needs to mature and if you trade away your best young player for a draft pick every time the team isn't playing well, then it never will.  You'll just keep rotating in a bunch of promising young players who never get a chance to develop their potential or come together as a team.  Don't you think?

Jim