Re: Boos for AW

> Subject: Re: Boos for AW
> Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 21:14:01 +0200
> From: j.hironaka@unesco.org
> To: Josh Ozersky <josh_ozersky@yahoo.com>, Celtics@igtc.com
<snip>

> Some of these people figure if we trade Walker for some unproven,
> one-dimensional, chunky kid who's too short and can't dribble (can
> anyone honestly dispute the last two facts about Elton Brand?), well at
> least we can make up for this likely blunder by finding another
> Walker-calibre championship building block through the draft in another
> decade or so (assuming we're the lucky team among all the 29 out there).
>
> Joe

Ha ha.  How much dribbling do you have to do if you're two feet away
from the
hoop and have just used your athletic bulk to move defenders out.
Not much, and can you deny that Mr. Brand can rebound and score.

As far as being short, he's the same size as Oakley, bigger than Rodman
and
Mason, Traylor, Williamson, Fortson, etc.

Can Brand defend other power forwards?  I can't say.  I do know however
that
Walker can't and whether he's with the team next season or not, there
will
be somone else starting at power forward.
Ray