Re: Boos for AW

>The whole night should be expunged from memory.
>Antoine presumably was speaking from his emotions.  He
>is the cornerstone of the team.  I hate those Boston
>Bastards that Boo!  Here's what I also hate -- Paul
>Pierce isolated on a slow white guy in his favorite
>spot on the floor, and he can't get a good shot!
>Blame that on Antoine.

One more post about Antoine...then I really have to go do something before
I get canned. I've said all along that Antoine gets way too much heat from
the press and the fans, and most of it is not deserved. He isn't a
"punk"...he's not what's wrong with NBA...he's not the cancer on this team.
Concerning the boos however...to be honest...I think he's dug his own
grave, and he needs to dig himself out. The fact is that he did play like
crap for most of this season...and as far as I can tell, it was only
because he came in out of shape. Now, I know you're thinking, what's
Mercer's excuse? And that's a reasonable and fair question. Don't get me
started with young players and contract years. However...both he and Pitino
do, I think, need to take a bit of the heat. Pitino more than Antoine, but
that's something we can get into when he makes his next big trade. Antoine
is just going to have to accept that as long as this team loses, he's going
to be a target. Most of it will be unfair. What he needs to do is at least
come ready to play...come in shape to play...and take care of business on
the court. I don't expect him to live in Boston. If I were Antoine, I
certainly wouldn't. Not this summer anyway. And I certainly wouldn't drag
my kid to Boston every summer. However...there's no reason we couldn't have
seen Antoine put up better numbers all year long. Again...he's playing much
better now. Nobody expects him to put up great numbers every night. Not at
22...not on this team...not with expectations for wins/the playoffs so
unreasonably high...at least I don't. However...he screwed up. The booing
will stop...and I do think it'll be good for him in the long run. You're
never to rich to learn a life lesson.

Paul M.