RE: PG's

Jason Kidd is easily the best choice to fill the bill per Peter's
specifications here.  He is playing very well most night's in Phoenix,
though when he is down he is really down and the Suns inevitably lose
easily.  What player in today's NBA has anything close to a 100% consistent
game anymore?   They all seem to take nights off occasionally.

Payton is a 10, but yes is getting up there, and wouldn't play for RP in an
OSU Beaver minute (this means 3 and out in local football terms).

Marbury would have been a 9 for sure, but alas he is gone home to the big
city.

Stockton is not a 10 anymore for sure, but he was a 10+ because he truly
could do it, in fact made Magic look bad 100's of times late in his career,
when Stock couldn't be stopped on both ends.  His defense is grossly
underrated (steals leader and all).

I have always thought the world of Terry Porter (playing in Portland for
years) who was also a great all around PG.  His duels with Stockton were
enough to make your eyes water, those and Kevin Johnson in the early 90's as
well.  Give Riley credit for picking Porter up.  Just think what value he
could have brought to our team this year and next? KJ is still home mowing
the lawn.

I feel with respect to the PG, we should draft here and let the right
project develop (project being a pure PG who can defend), without a likely
pick this year this becomes a challenge, though I am still high on Alvin
Williams, who like Yogi hasn't gotten much of a shake in Toronto to develop.
He has a near complete game and could be had this summer out of his one year
exemption deal.

Have a nice spring day folks,
Greg