No Subject

GARY PAYTON TO BE A TWOLVE: Recently I was given word that Seattle has
contacted the Timberwolves about a potiential off season trade involving
Gary Payton. The deal would send Payton to Minnesota in exchange for a sign
and trade deal with Terrel Brandon and the top pick Minnesota is likey to
receive from New Jersey, from the Stephon Marbury trade. This story was
later confirmed by source close to the Sonics locker room. A 3rd source has
indicated that Gary intially when George Karl was released had told Sonics
management that he wanted to be traded, sighting that he resigned with the
club to play with Shawn Kemp and George Karl, and now both are gone, Payton
was convinced by Paul Westpal that things would onlt get better and Gary
agreed to stay in Seattle. Now with the Sonics less than stellar record,
Payton has told people close to him that he wants out. I have been told that
a deal would be based on Brandons agreeing to sign and trade to Seattle, and
that the pick from New Jersey would have to land in the top 3.
END
Interesting, because we have a comparable player in Kenny Anderson, and Ron
Mercer instead of a high pick.
Joshua Ozersky
Marketing Communications
Environmental Products Division