Aah, back again

What a difference 4 days make. While I was away Kenny Anderson went from a
savior for his all-out effort against Milwaukee, to a goat. I'm of two minds
about this: on the one hand I think, 'What's wrong with a player telling a
coach he wants to play? It's not like he started a screaming fit on the
sidelines. Why make a decision like this now, when it can further destabilize
and distract a team that doesn't need that?' Then on the other hand, I can see
why it's important for Pitino to maintain control and authority. I just wonder
if it wasn't done with too heavy a hand.

Anyway, I had the great pleasure this past weekend of meeting our very own Joe
H. and his lovely, talented and pregnant wife. They have an unbelievable
apartment just a few blocks off the Champs Elysees. Get this: the place used
to belong to the Queen of Spain!! Joe and his wife have done a fantastic job
renovating it, making my wife and me feel our tiny Bay Area apartment is a bit
... inadequate. Joe, I and a friend of his (who once played college hoop with
our dear departed Andrew DeClercq!) talked ball to the point where our
significant others' eyes were glazing over. Joe and his wife were very kind
and hospitable in welcoming total strangers into their home. Merci, mon ami.