Re: Walker trade rumor

Roy Enrile wrote:

>I agree w/ what Paul M said earlier about Wallace.
>talentwise(including defense), he's a fair swap for Antoine even without
>our cap anchors in a trade.  He's already locked into a big contract,
>but will cost the C's less than what Antoine will demand.
>
>Mchale fans would like him.  He stays in the down low, great height/
>shotblocking, sound post moves, and is familiar w/ Kenny.  I think he's
>the best of his draft class, not Kevin Garnett or McDyess.

Sorry for the confusion Roy. I was being sarcastic when I wrote about
Rasheed Wallace. I think I started out saying something about his fantastic
shooting percentage, shot selection, and low-post offensive moves. All
fantastic...no doubt about it. I then went on, if I remember correctly, to
call him a mediocre rebounder, miserable ball-handler, and unable or
unwilling to come up big when it counts...like in the fourth quarter of
close games. He's the Elden Campbell of the Trailblazers.  I agree with
Josh when he says that if Pitino wants Wallace for Antoine, Portland better
take a bunch of contracts and Pitino better have something else up his
sleeve. Wallace makes $13 mil/year...over six years. And there's no way I'd
take Wallace over McDyess and never, absolutely never, over Garnett.

Paul M.