Bob & Brett Brown

Warwick wrote:

> Australian assistant coach, Brett Brown is expected to join the Celtics bench
> next season.
>
> Brown was the head coach of the now defunct North Melbourne Giants where he lead
> them to the National Basketball League championship in 1994 and runners up in
> 1995. Brown is regarded as one of the best coaches ever to coach in Australian
> basketball.
>
> His father coached the University of Boston (Bob Brown) in the early 90's.
>
> Brett played under Rick Pitino at the University of Boston where the two became
> good friends.
>
> Warwick

Cool!

Bob Brown was one of my first basketball coaches back in the 60's during
summer basketball.  He was Jayvee coach at Cony HS of Augusta (Maine)at
the time, later went on to a stellar career at South Portland HS, then
to BU.  Brett was an outstanding player.  Good luck to him!  Bob must be
pleased as punch...and jealous as all get-out.

Makes me feel old...

Dan Butts