Re: Lockout-I don't care

In a message dated 9/27/98 5:09:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time, bocelts@scsn.net
writes:

> I am tired of the forced hero.  I will always
>  dislike Coby because of the hype he got from NBC.
   AMEN!!!!  It seems to me ( and maybe age has warped my memory) that some
heroes I remember (Bird, Magic, Jordan) earned the rep before being anointed.
Am I wrong?  They tried it with Shaq before finding that he had the public
persona of a sea slug.  (He may be a fine fellow, but it sure doesn't come
acrioss well in the media.)
   And what's with this foreigner thread?  I thought this board was better
than that.