Re: CBA draft

It's obvious to me from reading this that the name players are drafted
not to play in the CBA but so that, should the NBA lockout drag on or
some other catastrophe ensue, certain teams will have rights to them
-- Jelani McCoy, Rafer Alston, and Brad Millard, Zendon Hamilton would
not be taken in the latter rounds of the CBA draft otherwise.

---Kevin.Lok@outokumpu.com wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> Back to more basketball stuff.
>
> Has anybody noticed? The CBA draft just passed!
>
> Some "branded" players out there, like Anthony Carter of Hawaii. How
come
> Simon Miles can be drafted again? Isn't he drafted in the NBA?
>
> Cheers
> Kevin/Singapore
>
> CBA Draft Round-By-Round
> Click here for more on this story
> Round One
> PICK TEAM PLAYER POS COLLEGE 1. Grand Rapids Saddi
> Washington G W. Michigan 2. Connecticut Damian Owens G West Virginia
> 3. Quad City Tyson Wheeler G Rhode Island 4. Yakima Tremaine Fowlkes
> F Fresno State 5. Yakima Anthony Carter G Hawaii 6. Sioux Falls Nick
> Davis F Arkansas 7. Sioux Falls Eric Harris G Minnesota 8. Rockford
> Malcolm Johnson G TCU 9. Quad City Bakari Hendrix F Gonzaga
> Round Two
> PICK TEAM PLAYER POS COLLEGE 10. Grand Rapids Greg
> Buckner G Clemson 11. Idaho Rafer Alston G Fresno State 12. Rockford
> Jeremy Veal G Arizona State 13. Grand Rapids Corey Brewer G
> Oklahoma 14. Connecticut Ryan Bowen F Iowa 15. Rockford Torraye
> Braggs F Xavier 16. Sioux Falls Tyrone Nesby F UNLV 17. Fort Wayne
> Zendon Hamilton F St. John's 18. Quad City Cory Carr G Texas Tech
> Round Three
> PICK TEAM PLAYER POS COLLEGE 19. Grand Rapids Randall
> Jackson F Florida State 20. Connecticut DeMarco Johnson F
> UNC-Charlotte 21. Idaho Jahidi White F Georgetown 22. Rockford
> Norman Nolan F West Virginia 23. Connecticut Miles Simon G Arizona 24.
> Sioux Falls Cuttino Mobley G Rhode Island 25. Yakima Charles Jones G
> Long Island 26. Fort Wayne Marcus Saxon G Utah State 27. Quad City
> Maceo Baston F Michigan
> Round Four
> PICK TEAM PLAYER POS COLLEGE 28. Grand Rapids Jerod Ward
> F Michigan 29. Rockford Earl Boykins G E. Michigan 30. Connecticut
> Ruben Patterson F Cincinnati 31. Grand Rapids Gerald Brown G
> Pepperdine 32. Connecticut Derrick Dial G E. Michigan 33. Yakima Ricky
> Price G Duke 34. Sioux Falls Brett Robisch C Oklahoma St. 35. Fort
> Wayne Mark Jones G Cent. Florida 36. Quad City J.R. Henderson F
> UCLA
> Round Five
> PICK TEAM PLAYER POS COLLEGE 37. Idaho Otis Hill F Syracuse
> 38. La Crosse Jeff Sheppard G Kentucky 39. Idaho Andrae Patterson F
> Indiana 40. Yakima Carlos Daniel F Washington State 41. Connecticut
Tim
> Cole G N.E. Miss (JC) 42. Rockford Corey Louis F Florida State 43.
> Sioux Falls Brad Miller C Purdue 44 Fort Wayne Antonio Grnager G
> Boston College 45. Quad City Shammond Williams G North Carolina
> Round Six
> PICK TEAM PLAYER POS COLLEGE 46. Grand Rapids Bennett
> Davison F Arizona 47. La Crosse Marcus Bullard G Auburn 48. Idaho
> Casey Shaw F Toledo 49. Yakima Kerry Thompson G Florida St. 50.
> Connecticut Peter Cornell C Loyola Marymount 51. Rockford Rashard
> Lewis C Alief-Elsik HS (TX) 52. Sioux Falls Toby Bailey G UCLA 53.
> Fort Wayne Jarvis Kelley-Sanni F Rice 54. Quad City Ansu Sesay F
> Mississippi 55. Grand Rapids Sunday Adebayo F Arkansas
> Round Seven
> PICK TEAM PLAYER POS COLLEGE 56. La Crosse Rodney Elliott
> F Maryland 57. Idaho Jelani McCoy C UCLA 58. Yakima Steve Goodrich
> F Princeton 59. Connecticut Rashon Turner F Fairleigh Dickinson 60.
> Rockford Jerry Hester F Illinois 61. Sioux Falls Melvin Watson G South
> Carolina 62. Fort Wayne Andre Lewis F S.E. Louisiana 63. Quad City
> Korleon Young F Hargrave Aca. (VA)
> Round Eight
> PICK TEAM PLAYER POS COLLEGE 64. Grand Rapids Gary
> Williams F USC 65. Connecticut Chad Townsend G Murray St. 66. Idaho
> Larry Johnson G St. Augustines (NC) 67. Yakima Kris Johnson G UCLA
> 68. Connecticut Paul Culbertson F Nevada Reno 69. Rockford Jason
> Kimbrough G W. Michigan 70. Sioux Falls Daniel Santiago C St. Vincent
> 71. Fort Wayne Mylo Brooks C Va. Commonwealth 72. Quad City
> Winfred Walton F Fresno St.
> Round Nine
> PICK TEAM PLAYER POS COLLEGE 73. Grand Rapids Joey Beard
> G Boston Univ. 74. La Crosse Tyrone Weeks F Massachusetts 75. Idaho
> Sean Daugherty F Wisconsin 76. Yakima Tim Gill G Oral Roberts 77.
> Connecticut M. Hardnett G Connecticut 78. Rockford Clayton Shields F
> New Mexico 79. Sioux Falls Bobby Brannen F Cincinnati 80. Fort Wayne
> Chad Austin G Purdue 81. Quad City Allen Edwards G Kentucky
> Round Ten
> PICK TEAM PLAYER POS COLLEGE 82. Grand Rapids Curtis
> Staples G Virginia 83. La Crosse Donnie Davis F Texas Christian 84.
Idaho