     I concur with Peter in this one.  I run a family court, and believe me
when I say that the toughest thing in the world is to get at both sides of
"the truth."  Everyone tells you those details that he or she wants known to
formulate his or her version of the truth.  I spend my day sorting through
that garbage.  Whenever I listen to a case, I listen to one side, then the
other.  Then I formulate the question:  "Where, between these two
diametrically opposed stories, does the truth lie?"
     Basketball players have, to say the least, an irregular work schedule.
We in the court business can only deal in fairly simple custody orders:
"every other weekend, every Tuesday overnight, six weeks in the summer...."
If mom and dad hate each other, and dad is out of town half the time, never
knowing what his practice schedule is going to be, how can I make a court
order that everyone understands?  I can't.  What I want to do, and need to do,
is order that the parents cooperate, but that is what is called oxymoronic.
    The lesson?  Basketball players oughta keep it zipped.  So should men in
general.  All NBA players should read the SI article and then watch "Fatal
Attraction."  There are some grim sayings in my business:  "If you play, you
pay.  If you breed, you feed."