RE: The Boston Celtics Mailing List Digest V5 #320

         Reply to:   RE: The Boston Celtics Mailing List Digest V5 #320
Hey Paul -- Yeah, Larry was mentioned in that SI story and they had a
picture & interview with his daughter, who said they are now forming a
relationship.

And listen, Ray, I would be furious too if any news organization did an
axe-job on me like that. "Reporter Lynn Sherr said while Walker earns $2.4
million a year and lives in a private development  for the wealthy,
4-year-old daughter Crystal sleeps on a couch-a couch she must share with her
2-year-old sister and mother in Chicago." Pete May, who we all know is no
Walker fan, reported that Walker offered to buy the girl's mother a home but
that the mother declined.  "Sherr noted Walker recently began
court-ordered child-support payments of $2,500 a month, but for three years,
Crystal's mother, Margaret Johnson, had to go on public aid to make ends meet."
May also noted that BEFORE those court-ordered payments kicked in, Walker
was VOLUNTARILY making payments of $2,000 a month -- that he, in fact, not
the mother, had opened the question of child support. And for two of those
years after the baby was born, when the mother received no aid, Walker
was still IN SCHOOL. I agree Walker did not do himself any favors if he
refused to talk to ABC,  but let's not hasten to slam someone on the merits of
sensationalist reporting.