Re: Walker over Mercer -Reply

Ryan Falcone wrote:

> (...) And as for Walker being an ostensibly perennial all-star, I
> challenge you
> to answer Cecil's question:  with 3 seconds on the clock and the
> Celtics
> down by a bucket, who would you rather have going to the line to shoot
>
> one-and-one?

Well I guess I'd rather have Steve Kerr shoot the free throws... I mean
what kind of "winning argument" is that, really? I don't remember the
last time I saw a "one-and-one" decide an NBA game.

But I agree that all the Celts starters (especially a Celts captain)
should have the professional discipline to shoot at least 75% from the
line. Good free-throw shooting is a distinct part of "Celtics
tradition", and it wins championships against great teams.

I think Pitino has zero-tolerance for poor free throw shooting. All his
kids are gonna grow up soon. Dontworryaboutit...

Cheers,

JH

Go Red Sox, Sammy and Mark....

****