MERCER

Reading the posts about Walker vs. Mercer, I had a vivid picture in my mind
of how Mercer blossomed when Kenny came to the team.  He really became a
different player.  How important a good point guard is to a team is well
documented.  If Pierce is half the player he's reported to be, it should be
quite a squad, IMO.  If Walker can apply his talents and stop showing off
and arguing with the refs, if Kenny stays healthy, etc., they'll be better
than last year, with or without another center, though I agree we need a
shot blocker.  Don't forget about Bruce Bowen, either.  He's a very
important part of this team, and we missed him greatly when he was injured
last year.  According to Pitino, nobody's worked harder than McCarty, so he
should be bulked up and more of a force.  Now, if they'd just settle this
blankety blank CBA, we could really start getting excited about having
basketball again.

Dorine