Re: SICK OF WAFFLING

I don't remember that happening, but even if it did it's not the same
thing.  If McHale was talking about leaving, would Larry have said,
"Hell, if he goes I'm going to retire."?  No.  What Larry would have
done, and what he did do, would be to continue playing with every ounce
of effort that his battered body could muster, breaking his face trying
to win a playoff series when it was clear that the Celtics were not
going to challenge for the championship.

This attitude of Jordan's makes me sick.  I mean, say the Bulls do sign
Pippen and manage to get Jackson to return as coach so his airness
decides to grace the basketball world with his presense for one more
year.  What happens if Pippen goes down with a season ending injury in
December.  Well, no Pippen, no Jordan, right?  He might as well pack it
in then and there, right?  Let's face it, he has lost respect for the
game and his team and its fans.  He no longer cares about anything but
himself and his reputation as the greatest player ever (which he is not,
as Warwick correctly points out).  He would not come back to a situation
where he might lose some of the shine off of that aura of his, where he
might actually have to struggle to win.  Personally, I would love to see
him come back and have it blow up in his face.

Jim