MAYBE

It may be that the sportswriter was quoting Ted Williams, I don't remember
that part, I just remember the quote.  You may be right, but I'll stand by
my statement of agreement.  I don't think dunking a basketball is as tough
as hitting a baseball with a bat, when the ball is coming at you at 90+
miles an hour.  This is an opinion thing, no argument, but I've played both
sports and I do mean baseball, not softball, and that's what I think.  My
only real point was that the thread was started just to get something going,
and to put some perspective on my awe that anyone can accomplish this very
difficult task.
Dorine